These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five or more years of experience in an appraisal department or firm, or in commercial real estate lending; or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related. A minimum of three years of commercial review experience as a licensed bank reviewer is preferred. Certified General Real Estate Appraisal license is required.
- Speaking, reading and writing in Korean is a plus.
- Ability to deliver bilingual customer service in Korean, Gujarati, Urdu, Hindi, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Spanish is a plus.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of regulations affecting the appraisal industry to include FIRREA, USPAP and the Interagency Guidelines.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the practical aspects of real estate appraisal.
- Previous experience or working knowledge of databases like Costar, MLS, Loopnet.com preferred.
- Proficient computer skills relevant to Microsoft Office Suites.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Well organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, as well as within a team environment.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, mainframe computer system, word processing, typing and spreadsheet software programs to meet the needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Company activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Company activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.