The Treasury Management Services Associate is responsible for supporting Treasury Management sales efforts and department administrative/reporting requirements. Regularly interacts with clients, internal and external, within the context of the bank’s strategic growth plan, identifies unmet client needs, and supports achievement of team or market goals in new client development and retention, non-credit loss prevention, and revenue growth
Ensures compliance with established Company policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
1. Work with the Treasury Sales Officers and important business partners in client relationship planning, business development and retention efforts.
2. Provides accurate, timely and extensive information to all client inquiries and requests to ensure high level of customer service and retention of clients.
3. Resolves customer complaints and takes appropriate action to prevent future problems.
4. Assists in resolving inquiries or issues relating to treasury management matters.
5. Assists all areas of the Bank to coordinate inter and intra-departmental activities; resolves inquiries or issues relating to treasury management matters.
6. Act as a resource person for the bank and its customers for all TMD products and answering inquiries, researching unusual or irregular transactions, and exercising a minimal level of judgment in advising employees and clients.
7. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
9. Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
10. Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and
health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
11. Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
• High School Diploma and at least 2 years of banking or financial services industry experience required. Work related experience consist of cash management, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
• Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
• Basic math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
• Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank operational policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and technical procedures.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
• Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
• Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.