The Senior Funder is responsible for the review and analysis of approved credit memorandum for commercial equipment lease department obligations, interpretation of terms, conditions, covenants and restrictions on approval, administration of documents, closing and funding of assigned contracts. Conduct preliminary review and analysis of approved loan structure and verification of the documents submitted by origination source and determine their compliance with Bank's requirements. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
Ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act), Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act) Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd Frank Act), Elder Abuse Laws, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
1. Reviews and analyzes more complex credit memos, vendor information, state and other requirements to determine proper loan structure. Makes judgments in order to mitigate the risk by ensuring proper documentation and entry of data into loan structure.
2. Creates checklist of documents required from borrower based on requirements.
3. Reviews preliminary title reports and entity documents including invoices to ensure calculations and transaction are accurate.
4. Reviews appraisal to ensure compliance with loan to value requirement.
5. Processes loan documents within the established time frame and conduct final document reviews prior to signature and funding to ensure accuracy and compliance with terms and conditions of loan approval and Credit Policy manuals.
6. Reviews and takes appropriate action for conditions, covenants and restrictions on lease approval and other collateral related documentation (UCC filing, etc.).
7. Ensures all necessary disclosures are provided and signed.
8. Coordinates with other department personnel on deposit and funding proceeds reconciliation.
9. Coordinates with in-house legal counsel, Bank leasing officers, originators and borrowers regarding issues/problems related to documentation, closing, funding and recording of the loan.
10. Reviews and ensures compliance of pre-funding and post funding requirements for more complex loans. Review all executed lease documents to determine completeness and proper execution and that no revision/changes have been made on the lease documents.
11. Obtains all pre-funding requirements and obtain waivers for all exceptions.
12. Coordinates closing and recording of leases with UCC filing companies. Handles funding of loans.
13. Ensures that all customer service calls, internal and external, are responded to in a timely manner.
14. Serves as a products expert for specific products, systems, and applications used by the department.
15. Assumes responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
16. May oversee assignments to lower level department personnel.
17. May train new department staff.
18. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
20. Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
21. Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
22. Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
• High school diploma and at least four (4) years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related. Work related experience should consist of a loan processing background.
• Speaking, reading and writing in Korean is a plus.
• Ability to deliver bilingual customer service in Korean, Gujarati, Urdu, Hindi, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Spanish is a plus.
• Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, mainframe computer system, word processing, typing and spreadsheet software programs to meet the needs of the position.
• Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Company activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Company activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
• Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
• Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.