These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High school diploma and at one year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, business or financial industry related preferred. Work related experience should consist of secretarial or administrative duties within the financial industry.
- Basic secretarial skills to operate automated and standard office equipment.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Office Suite. Candidates well versed in Power Point and Visio to prepare board-quality presentations highly desired.
- Motivated, punctual, energetic and have a professional work ethic.
- Candidates must have polished communication skills in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Must possess superior organizational and time management skills and able to work under pressure
- Work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Punctual and a self-starter to be able to work within a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.